Tuesday, July 14, 2009

graffiti

I've always been interested in graffiti, partly because it varies so drastically depending on whether or not the artist actually has talent. Most of the stuff you see seems to be young kids who just got their hands on their first spray can, randomly spraying their name on a rock wall to get their moment of fame, or just to feel like a badass defacing public property. But then every once in a while you find some great typography hidden in the mess. I saw a lot of that when I visited Spain and Italy 2 summers ago with my mom. I just found this website that has dozens of graffiti tags catalogued by letter based off of photographs of actual graffiti in Paris. It's pretty interesting to see all the different styles laid out next to each other and the site itself is fun to play on!

No comments:

Post a Comment