Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Lettering inspiration

I've been looking at a lot of typography online lately, trying to get inspired and motivated to start a personal project. I read an article about creating something interesting every day, and would really like to try and make the time to do it myself. I've been following the Daily Drop Cap by Jessica Hische, who has some really incredible work that makes me want to experiment more with lettering, and here's a poster I just stumbled upon that takes letters from well-known logos to create a really interesting alphabet poster:

Now I just need to find the time to start something of my own!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to spam your blog but I got sucked into it a bit (damn that internet vacuum).

    I recommend reading Julia Cameron's The Artist's Way. Julia is a beautiful writer but is probably most famous for having been married to Martin Scorsese at one time. The book actually gives techniques about developing/culling creative juices and habits. She even gives tips like, "Go for a long walk every day!"

    http://www.theartistsway.com/

    I like your stuff!

    Denise Burks

    http://www.successfulweightlossinthesuburbs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete