Thursday, January 15, 2009

4 inch heels and $150 of books later...

Today was FREEZING.

and of course this was the day I had to take the local train which makes like 6 more stops. and I had to wait 15 minutes. In the snow. In my 4" heels....probably should have picked out better footwear today but I'm usually sitting all day either at my desk or in the cafe so I like wearing heels when I can =)

Anyway, we got to work and the CD from BBH China was visiting for the big pitch we've been working on and he wanted Kat and me to go get some visual references for his idea. So we trekked around the city looking for some art books. Yet again, poor decision of footwear but oh well. We went to the Strand and they didn't have the specific book we needed so we just hung out looking for other books that were relevant (and warmed ourselves up a bit!) After calling several bookstores and talking to some particularly unhelpful Borders employees we FINALLY found a bookstore with the book we needed and made it back to BBH by about 3 with $150 of art books. Rob (our CD) and Johnny (China CD) were holed up with the "war room" as they called it with all the ideas from every creative team working on the brief and it was awesome. There were literally papers tacked up covering every single inch of wall space, I've never seen anything like it. It was really awesome to see how some of the other teams have been working with ideas very similar to Kat and mine, and Johnny pointed out one of our ideas for an iphone app that he particularly liked which was totally awesome =)

The rest of the afternoon we worked on some posters for Amy Servidea...she's a VC alum at BBH who basically got us the internship. As much as I've liked brainstorming for the last 2 weeks its nice to get copy and just have to design. She gave us this sweet book of old rock posters to use as reference so we spent a few hours sketching and making up some hand drawn typefaces. They're already turning out pretty cool so it'll be nice to have something to put in our books.

I'm taking the bolt bus down to philly tomorrow night so I can spend the weekend at UD and I'm pumped for that. It'll be SLIGHTLY warmer down there...tomorrow its supposed to be 4 degrees when I stand outside waiting for the train :-(...i'm definitely ready for spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment