Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Halfway done with the first week!

Its 10:15 and for the first time this week I am sitting in my kitchen and I'm so excited to sleep in my OWN bed and not on someones floor in a living room. It's not going to be fun taking a 7:15 train in the morning but its totally worth it.

Yesterday Kat and I spent pretty much the entire day brainstorming ideas. It's a LOT harder than I thought it would be. At school I'll work on a project for an hour or 2, take a break, maybe take a nap and then get back to it. We worked from 9:30 til about 1 and hit a mental brick wall. I hope it gets easier with time. At least they give us the product and strategy as opposed to ad class where we have to come up with everything on our own. After lunch we tried to come up with more ideas then finally just decided to research funny commercials for inspiration.

After work, we went up to Bleeker St to see Kat's brother's band play at a bar. Unfortunately we had to trek several blocks in the pouring rain while I carried a 50 lb suitcase with a weeks worth of clothing, but the band was really great and it was a good time. We took a cab back to Kat's brother's apartment and passed out watching episodes of The Office.

Today was more brainstorming and luckily we didn't hit the mental brick wall until about 4...I guess it does start to get easier. I'm glad we have so much time to work on this campaign, I think we might actually have some good ideas. We're meeting with the Creative Director Robert Rasmussen tomorrow so I'm a little nervous but we talked to him the other day and he's totally cool. I was really surprised when I met Kevin Roddy, another Creative Director who I did my advertising research project about because he was also so down to earth and fun to talk to.

The more I work at BBH and the more people I meet, the more I love it and I can't wait to see what else is in store.

1 comment: