Monday, January 5, 2009

"baby got sheep" -jackie

I've never blogged before so it should be interesting to see how this goes.

Today was Kat and my first day working at
BBH and I am so exhausted. I got about 3 hours of sleep last night after laying in bed for hours freaking out, but after a few xanax and an hour-long subway ride at 7:30 in the morning I was finally standing in front of the building. Kat and I met up at dunkin to calm each other down and down some coffee to wake us up and then we were on our way. The building is right by canal street in the AT&T building and its HUGE. BBH is on the 19th floor and when you leave the elevators the walls are covered in a mural of sheep.



I probably should have used the flash but I didn't want to look like a TOTAL creeper in the lobby. Anyway, once we were inside we got the official tour and the office is HUGE. There are tons of couches and tables to sit and talk at and lots of long desks surrounded by glass offices. The conference rooms are named for the different parts of the sheep like flank and rump which I thought was pretty funny. They made us take funny photos in a photo booth so they could hang them in the lobby, and showed us the kitchen filled with snacks which we are encouraged to raid as well as the xbox with rock band...in case we need to relax!

After the tour Kat and I were kinda confused as to what we should do since everyone kept telling us that they would come back with work...and then they didn't. So we set up our voice mail and drank a lot of the free coffee...and stalked photos of everyone in the office. Everyone is really awesome and friendly. However I was totally overdressed. And kat and I both accidentally wore black and red so we looked like twins. And every time someone asked us a question we would answer at the same time. People probably think we're the same person.

After lunch we finally got an email inviting us to a meeting for a new pitch BBH is trying and we spent 3 hours with the other creative teams getting briefed and talking which was really cool. Definitely a lot more in depth than any briefs we've gotten at school. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow where they want Kat and me to spend pretty much the whole day brainstorming and coming up with ideas...its really awesome that they're asking us to do REAL ad work and not just get coffee...

Alright its time for bed so hopefully I can come up with some amazing ideas tomorrow and impress everyone =) I hope everyone else is enjoying their internships and I can't wait to hear all about them!

1 comment:

  1. What an exciting opportunity for you--I know you're going to be a star!

    ReplyDelete